Monday, February 10, 2014

Most Important Line- Chapter 1

So far in my book The Fault in our Stars you learn about a few characters. The first one, Hazel Grace, has thyroid cancer and metastasis forming in her lungs and seems to have a pessimistic outlook on life because of this her mother starts sending her to a support group. She rarely talks to people at these support group meetings but she somewhat communicates with a boy named Isaac. Isaac has eye cancer which resulted in one eye being lost when he was younger. After skipping weeks of the support group Hazel's mother has her go but this time she meets Augustus Waters. Augustus, unlike Hazel, has a very positive outlook on life. He has suffered  from osteosarcoma but said he was just there on Isaac's request.

I believe one of the most important lines in Chapter 1 was "I turned to the car. Tapped the window. It rolled down. "I'm going to a movie with Augustus Waters," I said. "Please record the next several episodes of the ANTM marathon for me."(Green, 21) The reason I chose this line opposed to others as being the best is because of what I have read so far about Hazel she isn't really social because of being home schooled. So I believe that this shows that she is willing to overcome that and start talking to Augustus.

No comments:

Post a Comment