Sunday, February 23, 2014

Character Relationships

I think that Hazel has progressed her relationship with Augustus alot because they have gotten much closer and have hung out more often. This is shown on page 122 when he comes over to help her sell the swingset "I nudged my head into his shoulder. "Thanks for offering to come over." "You do realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you," he said. "I guess?" I said. "All efforts to save me from you will fail," he said." I think this shows that Augustus is willing to stay by her side because they have already gotten closer.

Even though Isaac isn't mentioned as often Hazel's relationship with him has improved because they used to go from minimal eye contact and sighs to actual conversations. One of the more major conversations is on page 130 "I sat in the chair next to him. "So how's it going?" "Okay. Glad to be home, I guess. Gus told me you were in the ICU?" "Yeah," I said. "Sucks," he said. "I'm a lot better now," I said. "I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow with Gus." "I know. I'm pretty well up-to-date on your life, because Gus never. Talks. About. Anything. Else." Although it isn't much conversation I think it shows great improvement since the beginning of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment