Sunday, February 23, 2014

Vocabulary

So far in my book Hazel and Augustus have been talking about their lives on the way to Augustus's house. When they arrived at his house his parents immediately talked to Hazel about many things ranging from how there enchiladas were the best to Augustus's curfew of ten. Later in the night they were talking about there favorite books and recommended books to each other. When Hazel was about to leave Augustus said that they should hang out again, she said she would call him after she finished the book.

I think the vocabulary found in this book is fitting to the different types of characters and the mood portrayed in the story. A good example of this would be on page 28 "I guess?" I said. "I have to be home by ten. Also I don't, um, eat meat?" "No problem. We'll vegetarianize some," she said. "Animals are just too cute?" Gus asked. "I want to minimize the number of deaths I am responsible for," I said." The reason I chose this quote is because it shows how August is more easy going and joking while Hazel is more serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment